It’s not just about the number on your scale. It’s about how you feel, and there are a lot of different methods for burning fat off thighs. But what is the fastest way to burn fat from inner thighs? What is the best way to shed those stubborn pounds from outer thighs?
In this blog post we cover ten fat-burning exercises that will help you get rid of those pesky pounds in no time!
10 Exercises to Burn Fat Off Inner & Outer Thighs
1. Bicycle crunch.
The bicycle crunch is a great workout to burn off stubborn belly and outer thigh fat. It not only works your abdominals but also the muscles in your thighs as well.
- Sit on the floor with your back against a wall and legs bent. Place hands behind head or neck, elbows out wide.
- Lift feet off the ground so that only thighs are touching the floor. Use abs to lift the upper body as you twist from side to side in an “air bicycle” movement for 30 seconds per set (or reps) for three sets.
- After resting, do two more tri-sets of 30 seconds per set (or reps).
2. Leg curl.
The leg curl is a great exercise to burn off the fat from inner thighs and your legs overall. It’s done with a resistance band or machine, which makes it one of the best thigh exercises you can do at home.
- Lie face down on the floor holding a looped resistance band in each hand under your knees.
- Raise lower legs toward the ceiling, contracting your hamstrings.
- Slowly lower to starting position and repeat for three sets of 20 reps per set (or total). You will feel this exercise in both your inner thighs as well as glutes.
These are just two exercises that can be done at home using a resistance band or machine to help you burn off stubborn inner and outer thigh fat.
3. Lying leg raises.
The lying leg raise is another great thigh exercise that not only burns fat but also helps strengthen your core.
- Lie flat on the floor with legs extended straight out and arms at sides, palms facing down.
- Contract abs to curl upper body off the ground while simultaneously raising both legs toward the ceiling until you are in a seated position with hips parallel to the ground.
- Slowly lower your legs back down and return to starting position, then repeat for three sets of 25 reps per set (or total). You will feel this exercise in both your inner thighs as well as glutes.
The hip-up is a great exercise to strengthen your inner thighs and glutes.
- Lie face-up on the floor with arms extended straight above the head, palms together, legs extended out at 90-degree angles from the body (toes pointed) for stability.
- Lift hips high off the ground as you squeeze both of your knees inward toward one another.
- Hold for one second and lower to starting position as you repeat the movement. Do three sets of 20 reps per set (or total). You will feel this exercise in your inner thighs.
5. Curtsy lunges.
The curtsy lunge is a great exercise to burn off stubborn inner and outer thigh fat. It’s done by crossing one leg behind you in the opposite direction of your forward-moving foot, then bending both knees at 90-degree angles into a deep squat position.
- Stand tall with right knee bent toward hip while left leg straight out behind you.
- Extend arms out to sides with palms facing down for stability during the exercise movement.
- Slowly lower into a deep squat position, then return back up to starting position as you repeat the curtsy lunge on this leg before crossing your left knee behind your right and repeating the same motion until reaching completion of three sets (or reps). You will feel this exercise in both your inner thighs as well as glutes.
6. Back extension on the straight bench with a weight plate.
The back extension on a straight bench with a weight plate is another great exercise for strengthening your glutes and inner thighs.
- Position your lower body under the center of a straight bench equipped with roller pads to prevent sliding, feet flat against floor shoulder-width apart, arms extended out in front of you grasping barbell plates or dumbbells.
- Raise your upper body while keeping your back flat and head up, squeezing your glutes at the top of contraction before slowly lowering to starting position.
- Do three sets of 25 reps per set (or total).
You will feel this exercise in both your inner thighs as well as glutes.
7. Hanging leg raise.
The hanging leg raise is another great thigh exercise that not only burns fat but also helps strengthen your core.
- Get into a pull-up position with hands grasping the bar and arms straight, feet lifted off the floor with legs extended in front of you perpendicular to the ground.
- Slowly lower one foot at a time toward the ground until they reach knee level, then raise back up to starting position before repeating the movement with the opposite leg.
- Do three sets of 15 reps per set (or total).
9. Knee to chest stretch.
The knee to chest stretch is a great exercise for your inner thighs and hips.
- Lie on the floor with feet flat against the ground, arms extended straight out at 90-degree angles from the body (toes pointed).
- Lift one leg off the ground while bending the other at a 90-degree angle in front of you so that your thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Reach hands to opposite bent knee and pull it toward chest as you lean back simultaneously, hold for one second before returning leg down to starting position.
- Do three sets of 20 reps per set (or total).
You will feel this exercise in your inner thighs.
The butterfly is another great exercise for strengthening your inner thighs and glutes.
- Sit on the ground with knees bent in front of you, heels flat against the floor (pressed firmly) shoulder-width apart, feet flexed toward sky pointing toes outward slightly at 45-degree angles to each other.
- Bring soles of both feet together so that they touch and let heels fall to the sides, opening your knees outward slightly.
- Grasp ankles with hands and pull them inward toward the chest (while keeping feet touching) until you feel a stretch in the inner thighs/groin area before returning to starting position while slowly releasing pressure on both feet from pulling movement.
- Do three sets of 25 reps per set (or total).
10. Side step-up.
The side step-up is a great exercise for strengthening your outer thigh and glutes while also working the muscles in your lower back.
- Stand facing a sturdy chair with arms extended out to sides at shoulder height, palms down pressing firmly against the outside of each armrest (to help stabilize).
- Lift one leg off the ground and step up onto the chair with one leg while keeping arms pressed firmly against armrests, hold for five seconds before stepping back down to starting position.
- Repeat same movements on this side before switching sides (with opposite leg). Do three sets of 15 reps per set (or total) depending upon your ability to do so.
You will feel this exercise in your glutes.
There are so many ways to get rid of stubborn fat in your thighs, but it takes time and consistency. If you want the best results, take a look at this list we put together for 10 exercises that will help burn off fat from both inner and outer thighs.
Remember-don’t give up! It may seem like there is no end or progress after just one week, but with consistent work on these moves over weeks and months, you should see some amazing changes in how your legs feel.
Share this post with friends who might be struggling with their weight around their hips/thighs area too!
Slim Thighs & Legs Workout that WORKS
- This workout targets the inner thighs and the outer thighs.
- OUTER AND INNER THIGH TONING EXERCISE.
- Secondarily works out the back of the thighs.
- There are no squats or jumping involved.
- Not high intensity so don’t be afraid to get started.
- This workout will not bulk up your legs.