10 Desk Exercises
Late-night office workers don’t get the chance to visit the gym. They might even go for weeks before getting a chance to do some healthful fitness activities.
This article provides some desk exercises that can be done without leaving the office. These exercises won’t help you get those six-pack abs that everyone wants, but it can help you maintain a certain level of fitness.
10 Exercises You Can Do At Your Desk
- Ankle Rolls; Lift your feet off the floor and roll them clockwise and counterclockwise. Do this till you feel fatigued starting to set in. This is great for leg circulation.
- Sitting Leg Lifts; Sit up straight in your chair. The feet are flat on the floor. Head up, and your desk monitor should be about eye level. Now lift your knees together so that they are just a bit higher than your hips. Do three sets of 6 reps. If you struggle to do this, do one leg at a time.
- Wrist Rolls; This will help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. Roll the wrists clockwise and clockwise. Set a number of reps and do both wrists together. Go equal numbers each way.
- Shoulder Shrugs; Sitting in your desk chair, roll your shoulders backward and forwards. Set an equal number each way. Do both shoulders at once.
- Hip Flexes; Sitting in your desk chair and feet flat on the floor, lift right, then left, then both knees up. You will also notice a burn in your abdomen area. You are working in that area as well as the hip area.
- Neck Twists; Slowly turn your head all the way to the left and hold for a three count. Now repeat to the left. Do an equal number per side.
- Plantar Flex; This is great for your caves. With feet flat on the floor, lift both heels off the floor and push your toes into the floor and hold for a three count. Repeat until fatigue sets in.
- Abdomen contraction; Tighten abdomen muscles and hold for a 3 or 5 count. Repeat and relax.
- Arm Curls; Turn your arm over so that the elbow is touching the armrest on your desk chair. Clench your fist tightly and curl the arm like you are making a muscle. Do this very slow. Do five reps in 4 to 5 sets for each arm.
- Deep Breaths; While sitting at your desk, take in a deep breath of air and hold. Exhale slowly. Focus on deep breaths and slow releases. Close your eyes while you try this.
These ten desk exercises at the office can a long way in helping you maintain your fitness level. If your co-workers ask what you are doing, tell them exercising to stay mentally sharp.