After a long day at work, it is difficult to get in the necessary calories and macros for the Lazy Keto diet if you don’t have anything planned for dinner. Doing some quick thinking ahead of time will secure your success in this lifestyle.
The goal here is NOT to give exact Lazy Keto recipes, but just to help give you ideas of something that can be thrown together quickly.
Table of Contents
Lazy Keto Meal One
- 1 pound of ground beef/turkey/chicken (or any other meat)
- Half an onion chopped up.
*Optional, but recommended: shredded cheese, sour cream or ranch dressing.
To cook the meat, throw it in a pan on medium heat with some seasoning for taste (salt and pepper are fine).
- Add the onion, and cook until meat is fully browned.
- Chop up some lettuce/spinach/kale or another green of choice.
*Optional: add shredded cheese, sour cream or ranch dressing to your salad and mix it in with the meat and onions.
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and eat!
Lazy Keto Meal Two
You can also do pretty much anything with an omelet for dinner too if you’re looking for more variety. Just throw in veggies such as peppers, spinach, onions, etc… Or add some bacon on top to punch it up even more!
You could even add ham steak chunks on top of a bed of greens with some avocado slices for an extra of yumminess!
- One sheet pan with a bunch of chicken breast and veggies (onion, peppers, spinach, mushrooms). Seasoning could be salt and pepper. You can also add any spices you want to make this more like fajita seasoning (cumin, chili powder).
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Serve and eat!
Lazy Keto Meal Three
For breakfast on the Lazy Keto lifestyle, you can do scrambled eggs or even bacon/sausage/ham slices with some green veggies such as broccoli or spinach. If you’re feeling extra lazy, just cook everything together in the pan for a ‘one-pot breakfast.’
You can also do some quick ‘egg muffins’ which will last you a few days and it’s super easy. Just use your oven or toaster oven and make little egg muffin cups using some silicone molds (or actual cupcake molds).
Then add bacon, spinach, and cheese in each cup and steam cook them for like 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You then have breakfast for the next few mornings that are already made!
Lazy Keto Meal Four
This one is fairly simple as well: just buy pre-made guacamole from the store or make your own by cutting up avocados into cubes and squishing them together with salsa/hot sauce/any other seasoning you wish at home after dicing it all up!
*Note: The Lazy Keto diet does not mean no planning goes into it. It just means that you need to plan ahead and be smart about your calories for the day, which will most likely fall into a deficit after eating meals such as this. You may need to track everything you eat to stay Lazy Keto!
Lazy Keto Meal Five
Chili! It’s super easy to make chili ahead of time and it’s also pretty cost-effective. Here’s an easy recipe to try:
- 1 pound of ground beef/turkey (or any other meat)
- 4 cans of red kidney beans and the juice (optional: add chili seasoning i.e., cumin, salt). You can also use dark red or black beans too!
*Optional, but recommended. If you have time, mash up some of the beans with a fork before adding them into your pot for more thickness to the chili.
- Diced tomatoes – one large can or two small cans will do just fine. You can also experiment with fire-roasted tomatoes too! The chili will be spicier if using the fire-roasted ones so beware if you don’t like spicy foods.
- Garlic powder – just enough to taste. You can also use fresh garlic if you have some on hand, or throw in some chopped-up onion too!
- Cumin – same as the garlic powder. Just enough so it has a little flavor but not too much to overpower everything else.
On medium heat, cook ground beef/turkey/chicken with seasonings for about 15 minutes or until meat is fully cooked and spices are well mixed (if using whole garlic cloves, smash them before adding).
Retain all the juices that come out of the meat while cooking for extra flavor! Now would be a good time to add any other vegetables you want to throw into the chili such as green peppers, onions, even mushrooms!
Add in kidney beans and any juice that was retained. Also, add in the can of diced tomatoes and wait for it to bubble up before turning down the heat to a simmer. Wait at least 10 minutes before eating so all the flavors have time to mix properly.
*If using chili seasoning packets, wait until later to add them into your pot so you don’t accidentally over-spice the chili).
NOTE: This makes a large batch of chili but if you’re alone or just want a smaller portion, just halve everything and only use one tablespoon of olive oil when cooking the ground beef/turkey/chicken. You can also do 1/4 pound instead! If you cook too much meat, no worries, just keep the extra and use it for something else 🙂
There you have it! A good ‘basic’ chili recipe that’s super easy to make in large batches so you can eat all week. But if you’re feeling adventurous, add whatever spices or vegetables you want into your pot when cooking the ground beef/turkey/chicken.
You can even add a tablespoon of sugar or maple syrup to mellow out the spiciness! Experiment with ingredients and flavors until you find a combination that works best for you.
Here are 5 of the best lazy keto meals that are tasty, easy to make, and help you stick to your weight loss diet.
Bonus Lazy Keto Meal Ideas
- Grilled chicken with veggies on top of greens such as spinach, kale, etc…
- Stir fry meat/veggies on a sheet pan. Seasoning could be salt and pepper. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, add spices such as cumin, chili powder, etc…
- Add some steak chunks on top of greens/salad with avocado slices for more yumminess.
- A ‘one pot’ kind of dinner where you just cook everything in one pan together (such as veggies, potatoes, and ground beef/turkey/chicken). Seasoning can be salt and pepper.
- One skillet steak with mushrooms cooked on medium heat. You could also make a sauce using butter or ghee, Worcestershire sauce (or any other kind of condiment that tastes good on steak), salt, and pepper. Cook until meat is fully browned.